Sunday, May 29, 2011

Long day of brewing, but well worth it

I knew going into it that it was going to be a long brew day, but I undershot exactly how long the day would be, lol. Kurt and I got everything setup and running by about 3P.M. and it was pretty much non-stop action until 11:30P.M. Granted we could have done a few things quicker like not boiling the water to get the chlorine out but I figure just relax and whatever it takes it takes.

My idea of doing two different blonde ales didn't get off the ground since the LBS didn't have enough rye to make the second batch so I chose an amber ale to make instead. It seemed to have a lot of character in the kettle. Both are busy bubbling away as we speak in my new 5 gallon better bottle plastic carboys. I'll be using the better bottles for my quicker beers with short turn around times and leave the glass ones for the big project beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment